Consumer Privacy Notice
Categories of Information We May Collect
We may collect information directly from you and from other sources in order to provide the products and services you have requested, to service your policy, and to determine your eligibility for other products and services. We may collect the following categories of information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications, or other forms and other oral, written, or electronic communications, such as your name, address, Social Security number, assets, income and medical information;
- Information about your transactions with us, such as transaction history, policy coverage, premiums, payment history and claims history;
- Information we receive from third parties, including consumer reporting agencies and persons providing services in connection with your transactions, such as credit reports, driving records and medical claims;
- Information collected from our Internet websites, such as information you provide to us and information necessary to manage your online session with us; and
- Information we obtain from health care providers about your past and current health condition.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We do not disclose information about you to third parties, except as required or permitted by law. For example, in the course of our general business practices, we may disclose information contained in applications and other forms that we collect, as previously described, to the following types of third parties for the reasons described:
- To a third party to perform a business, professional or insurance function for us;
- To an insurance company, agent or insurance support organization, or self-insurer to detect or prevent fraud, criminal activity or misrepresentation in connection with an insurance transaction;
- To an insurance company, agent or insurance support organization to perform a function in connection with an insurance transaction involving you;
- To a medical care provider in order to verify coverage or benefits;
- To an insurance regulatory authority, or law enforcement or other governmental authority to prevent or prosecute fraud, or if we believe that you have conducted illegal activities.
We also use the information that you provide to us in order to share with you related products and services we offer and to review insurance rates with insurance companies to provide you with information related to policies of insurance you may wish to purchase.
Platinum Insurance & Financial Services, LLC does not, at this time, have any affiliates or companies related by common ownership or control, whether financial and nonfinancial companies. As such, Platinum Insurance & Financial Services, LLC does not share information with any such affiliate.
Disclosure of Medical Information
We will not use or share personally identifiable medical information with third parties except for the purpose of underwriting or administering your insurance account, policy or claim, and as otherwise required or permitted by law, such as disclosures to insurance regulatory authorities or in response to a subpoena.
How to Review and Correct Your Personal Information
Under applicable law, you may request to see the personal information about you in our records except for certain documents related to claims and lawsuits. If you request medical records, we may elect to supply that information to you through a medical professional designated by you. We may direct you to a consumer reporting agency to obtain certain consumer report information.
If you believe that the personal information we have about you in our records is incomplete or inaccurate, please let us know at once, and we will investigate and correct any errors that we find.
Our Security Procedures
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
Please note that the insurance companies that issue your policies may have personal information about you. Our Notice does not govern their use of information about you. You should review the privacy notices of your insurance providers to understand how they collect, use and disclose information.
Note also that Platinum Insurance & Financial Services, LLC is an independent insurance agency offering products and services from several insurance companies to serve your insurance needs. We offer Auto, Homeowners, Condominium, Renters, Motorcycle, RV, Boat, Flood, & Life Insurance through various companies. We provide the information that we gather from you to these insurance companies in order to be able to provide you with a quotation for insurance, to write an insurance policy or to process a claim. Without being able to provide the information you provide to us, we would not be able to offer the services from and through these insurance companies.
We will continue to maintain our dedication to protecting your privacy. If you have questions concerning our Notice, please call us